1. Check the show website for the vendor list. Hopefully there will be some familiar faces as well as new folks to meet.
2. Think about what you are looking for at the show, whether it’s a specific pen you would like to add to your collection or perhaps you are starting a new collection. Shows offer a variety of ink and other pen accessories as well.
3. Set a budget. Like any hobby, it’s easy to get carried away so set a limit on how much you want to spend. Bring cash as some vendors are not set up to accept credit cards.
4. Once you arrive take stock in all of the exhibits and vendors. It’s easy to spot something of interest at the first table and there goes your budget, so take the time to survey the show floor. Often times there are folks who do repairs and nib adjustment so bring along something that needs repair.
5. Have fun! Pen shows are a great place to network and make new friends.
We look forward to seeing you at the Commonwealth Pen Show on September 10th at the Holiday Inn Bunker Hill in Somerville, MA.